Jesus is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords and yet…
- He was born in a stable.
- His first guests were not dignitaries but shepherds.
- He grew up in an obscure town which many people did not expect anything good to emerge.
- His family, at one point, thought he was insane and did not believe in him.
- His closest friends did not understand the heart of his mission.
- One of his friends stole from their common purse and betrayed him.
- One of his friends denied even knowing him.
- Shortly after Jesus had washed his disciples feet, some of them argued about who was going to be the greatest.
- He grew tired.
- He went without food and became hungry.
- He had no place to lay his head.
- He suffered humiliation, rejection, and severe physical pain on the cross.
The miraculous was clothed in the ordinary!