Are you spiritually healthy? Many times we evaluate spiritual health with actions such as church attendance, etc…, but spiritual health is much more than just activity. It involves the motivations and attitudes of the heart.
Donald Whitney, is his book Ten Questions To Diagnose Your Spiritual Health, is of great help in guiding us to think about our spiritual growth. Listed below are the ten questions he asks us in order to analyze our spiritual health…
1. Do you thirst for God?
2. Are you governed increasingly by God’s Word?
3. Are you more loving?
4. Are you more sensitive to God’s presence?
5. Do you have a growing concern for the spiritual and temporal needs of others?
6. Do you delight in the bride of Christ (the church)?
7. Are the spiritual disciplines increasingly important to you? (ie. Bible study, prayer)
8. Do you still grieve over sin?
9. Are you forgiving of others?
10. Do you yearn for Heaven and to be with Jesus?